There are no such filters to identify a fraudulent renter or buyer. We want our customers to practice good judgment and keep the following tips in mind while renting or renting out something:
How to rent out safely?
1. Try to take the equal money as the MRP of the product at the time of the delivery. Fix your meeting at a safe location.
2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders and cross verify whether you received the money or not (in case of Online Transfer). Be aware about the matter as banks will not accept fake currency/money order and you will be held responsible for it.
3. We would suggest, you take the ID card and a photo of the customer at the time of product delivery. You can rather click a photo of the person in your phone and confirm the customer’s current residential address.
4. Ensure the returning date of your product and keep everything clear in your conversation with the customer to avoid any misunderstanding.
5. Do not share your financial/personal information except the method of payment.
How to rent safely?
1. Always meet the product owner at a safe location and check the product condition before renting it as you must return it in the same condition, it reduces the chances of most scams.
2. Also, look for a realistic offer. The renting price of a product whether it is per day price or per week price should appear true. Unrealistic offers may be scams, avoid those offers.
3. The best way to rent a product is to check & collect the product and pay after being assured of the product condition. Never transfer money to someone you do not know before collecting an product.
4. Always insist for clear and correct information on the condition of the product, per day/week price, payment, security amount and delivery method.
5. Accept payments only with the methods you are comfortable or familiar with. Never provide your detailed financial information.
6. We recommended you, rent the product directly from the owner.
7. In case of electronic goods, cars, and bikes you should run functioning tests of the product before renting. Check and verify vehicle’s original documents chassis number. You can take help from 3rd parties which provide the history of a vehicle if it has ever been theft.
8. Also, we suggest you do some research on comparative per day or per week prices for the product.
How to secure your account on Renting Planet?
1. Never share your login and password of your account. Keep a difficult password which consists normal characters, special characters and includes at least one digit.
2. For safety reasons, we recommend not to store the password in the browser. Change the password immediately after any suspicious activity from your account. Reach out to us in case of any emergency firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to Newsletter
and receive new ads in inbox
Terms & Conditions
Terms of Posting Ad:
By posting the Ad you agree to the following:
1. Your ad will be public and visible to everyone in your radius and if somebody searches for the product in this location your product will be visible to them.
2. You can't block a particular user from seeing your product as Ads don't have privacy. Your ad will be public.
3. Renting Planet is not responsible or liable for any loss and damage of/in your product.
4. If you select 'Show your number' while posting an ad, your number will be visible to every user who is seeing the product.